cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Guest configuration with WLC

nitsg.gupta
Level 1
Level 1

i am using WLC 4402 with firmware 5.1 and 1252 Access Point.

i am in trouble to configure guest access with the WLC.

i have configured interface in WLC under CONTROLLER->INTERFACES->GUEST.

WHEN I SELECT THIS INTERFACE AS GUEST IT DOESN'T TAKE IP ADDRESS INFORMATION. IN THIS CASE I HAVE TO UNCHECK GUEST SELECTION BOX.

AND I GOT DYNAMIC INTERFACE WITHOUT IP ADDRESS.

AFTER DOING THIS I CREATE WLAN NAMED GUEST AND ENABLED IT.

i have put guest interface as a ingress interface and management as egress interface and applied web auth successfully but still it is not showing me guest SSID when i try to search it.

help me

plz

thanks

3 Replies 3

runningboy01
Level 1
Level 1

Are you trying to create a SSID for guest access? If so, my suggestion would be to create a VLAN on a Layer3 Switch, create a DHCP scope, and create an Access List that allows internet only or whatever you would like. Then use that VLAN when you create your interface on the WLC. Leave guest unchecked and create interface as normal.

How you are configuring the wlc is for wired guest through the wlc and not wireless guest. So do you need help with wired or wireless?

If you have no guest anchor controller, then you need to setup an dynamic interface on the wlc and set the vlan id and ip address information. Then you need to make sure that vlan is forwarding in you network and you have a valid dhcp scope. On the wlan, set the interface to the one you just created and you are done.

Again... if you have another setup other than this, let us know.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you gone through these documents yet?

Wired Guest Access using Cisco WLAN Controllers Configuration Example

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a00808ed026.shtml

Guest WLAN and Internal WLAN using WLCs Configuration Example

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008070ba8f.shtml

Hope these will help you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: