cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem running backup of UCCX 5.02/Archive error

jlakers72
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having a problem running a backup of UCCX, when attempting to run a backup at 98% this following error occurs:

ArchivingFailureEvent id=870, archiveId=CRS_1236362486731_, errorCode=ARCHIVE_CREATION_ERROR, statusMessage=tar failed with error code: 2, cmd: Tar.exe -c --atime-preserve -f "\\129.207.7.10\VOIP_BACKUP$\UCCX\Backup03-06-09#12-02.tar" \\STI\\Backup, refer to the MCVD logfiles for more details

com.cisco.archive.impl.ArchiveFailureException: ArchivingFailureEvent id=870, archiveId=CRS_1236362486731_, errorCode=ARCHIVE_CREATION_ERROR, statusMessage=tar failed with error code: 2, cmd: Tar.exe -c --atime-preserve -f "\\129.207.7.10\VOIP_BACKUP$\UCCX\Backup03-06-09#12-02.tar" \\STI\\Backup

at com.cisco.archive.impl.BackupArchiveImpl.waitForArchiveResult(BackupArchiveImpl.java:494)

at com.cisco.archive.impl.BackupArchiveImpl.processArchive(BackupArchiveImpl.java:412)

at com.cisco.archive.impl.ArchiveImpl$3.run(ArchiveImpl.java:382)

at com.cisco.executor.impl.ExecutorStubImpl$RequestImpl.runCommand(ExecutorStubImpl.java:690)

at com.cisco.executor.impl.ExecutorStubImpl$RequestImpl.run(ExecutorStubImpl.java:486)

at com.cisco.executor.impl.ExecutorStubImpl$RequestImpl.run(ExecutorStubImpl.java:762)

at com.cisco.executor.impl.ThreadStubImpl$RequestImpl.run(ThreadStubImpl.java:563)

at com.cisco.util.ThreadPoolFactory$ThreadImpl.run(ThreadPoolFactory.java:853)

Checked the JTapi version are consistent, cleared JAVA cache on the server & temp files. Checked file permissions on UNC share. Unable to find immediate resolution.

22 Replies 22

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Looks like permissions to me! I know you said you'd checked, but have you actually tested it?

Try binding to the share as the user configured for the backup:

net use /d \\129.207.7.10\voip_backup$

net use \\129.207.7.10\voip_backup% /user:domain/username

Then enter the password when prompted.

Browse to the share

Start/Run

\\129.207.7.10\voip_backup$

And create a file in the UCCX folder

It's failing after the backup has completed, and it just tries to dump everything already backed up to the remote location.

It may be the share permissions if you've checked the NTFS perms - by default new shares are read-only.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

safety2008
Level 4
Level 4

also worth checking. make sure you are using correct java version.

safety2008
Level 4
Level 4

here is java v

You shouldn't make any changes to the Java version running on the CCX server. When you upgrade the OS or CCX software, Java will be upgraded for you. Changing it yourself will mean you are running a version of CCX and Java that possibly haven't been tested together.

Try the steps I posted.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aaron,

Just as an FYI i did have to change me java version. it "somehow" never upgraded when we patched it. but that why included the matrix from tac on Java ver.

tplier
Level 1
Level 1

I'm experiencing this exact issue.  Was this every resolved and if so, how?

Thanks a lot!

Having the same issue...using uccx 7.X, any suggestions?

Aditya Vats
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

try to take backup on the local directory and see if that completes.

make the backup storage location on the  drive and then test with server admin credentials.

kraghavansag
Level 1
Level 1

Is this the first backup attempt or do you have backup tar files already in the shared folder?

New install and I was able to do one backup on Tuesday night.  Attempted to do a backup on Wed night and got this error.  One .tar file is in the remote location folder...I have moved it out and attempted to run again and got the same error.  Previous poster said to try to a local drive...there is no tape backup attached..is it possible to do the backup to a local folder?

Thanks,

Joe

Yes try the backup on a local directory, just make sure you have enough drive space!!

Also try deleting the contents of the C:\STI folder on the server. If you log a ticket with TAC they will clear the archive flags using the CET tool.

Can you explain how I can do a local backup.  When I try to do c:\ in the network

location I get an error that it has to start with \\ ..

Thanks,

Joe

Can you try \\localhost\c$\ipccbackup or \\127.0.0.1\c$\ipccbackup

Plase note that you have to create ipccbackup folder under c drive.

Backup locally works fine..remote location does not work..I can attach to the remote location.  The Storage Location updates properly.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Joe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: