Views
Helpful
Replies

Voicemail Notification MWI

dvanzee
Level 2
Level 2

Hello All,

I have a Unity 4.0.5 system VM only. If I have a user with a VM box and they are responsible for checking a second VM box on the system. Is there anyway to alert this user (phone) that the second VM box has a message?

I was under the impression that under the messages option under MWI notification this could be accomplished but Cisco is saying that this is not designed for this purpose. It is designed for users who do not have a voicemail box on the system. Thoughts?

3 Replies 3

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Add a second line on the phone. Configure the Unity Subscriber mailbox Message notification with this number.

When a message is received on the vm box, it will light the second line on the phone.

For example:

IP Phone

Line 1 x4000

Line 2 x 4001

Unity Subscriber "Helpdesk"

Line = 5000

on the Message Notification for MWI

x (which is the 5000 extension to notify)

add in the 4001

It will then light x5000 and 4001.

I understand what you are saying, but I believe the feature of lighting a line is a new feature beyond CM 4.2.3. Correct?

I think so.. I cant recall.. they will at least get an envelope on the line that indicates vmail

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: