Views
Helpful
Replies

Mixing Vlan-based QoS with auto qos on Cat 3750

s-daly
Level 1
Level 1

Hello:

I'm currently running "auto qos voip cisco-phone" on access ports to trust markings from Cisco phones. I also want do some marking on the data Vlan for those ports, and was wondering if I can do VLAN-based QoS for the data traffic, while running "auto qos voip cisco-phone" to honor markings for voice traffic? Can I run these at the same time? Here's an example of what I want to do:

class-map match-any MISSION-CRITICAL

match access-group name ACL1

class-map match-any NETWORK-CTL

match access-group name ACL2

policy-map MARK-EDGE-POLICY1

class NETWORK-CTL

set dscp cs2

class MISSION-CRITICAL

set dscp af21

interface FastEthernet1/0/1

switchport access vlan 22

switchport voice vlan 122

srr-queue bandwidth share 10 10 60 20

srr-queue bandwidth shape 10 0 0 0

mls qos trust device cisco-phone

mls qos vlan-based

mls qos trust cos

auto qos voip cisco-phone

spanning-tree portfast

!

!

<snip>

!

interface Vlan22

ip address 10.1.2.1 255.255.255.0

ip helper-address 10.1.0.3

service-policy input MARK-EDGE-POLICY1

!

interface Vlan122

ip address 10.1.122.1 255.255.255.0

ip helper-address 10.1.0.3

!

Would this be an acceptable marking method for both the voice and data traffic?

Thanks in advance for any input.

2 Replies 2

JamesLuther
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

The configuration you have on fa1/0/1 is all related to COS which is in the layer 2 header (makes sense as this is a layer 2 switchport).

The service-policy applied to the Vlan interface is setting the DSCP/QoS values in the Layer 3 header.

On your switch you should also have some configuration relating to cos to dscp mappings and vice versa, however I'm not exactly sure what happens in your scenario. Maybe there is a QoS guru online who will know??

Regards

Sorry, I probably should've specified this, but I'm doing the cos-to-dscp mappings that auto-qos automatically sets up, so assume that DSCP marking for voice would be mapped appropriately.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card