cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC520 volume for phones

jjoseph01
Level 3
Level 3

Hi again all. Im trying to help a customer out that has a UC520. They complain that the volume on the phones is low when trying to conference someone in. I have walked them through turning their volume up when offhook, but they say its still not loud enough. Is there a system control that I might be able to turn up for volume control in the UC520 config? Any help appreciated.

10 Replies 10

You may benefit from this command if it is specific to conferencing:

telephony-service

max-conferences gain 6

hth,

nick

Ill try that out. Thanks for the help. Does that raise the volume up for conf?

Yes, the gain is 6 dB, which is roughly twice as loud. dB's aren't linear, but an extra 3 dB roughly doubles the volume.

hth,

nick

Ok, great. Thanks for the help.

Thanks Nick, another good post.

What if the problem is on the ringback volume, which is low. Will this command be helpful?

My user is calling something like this:

PBX - fxo - GW - IP - GW - fxo - PBX

And the frequent complain is low volume for both voice and ringback.

Regards,

Robert

Hi Robert,

Here you can 4 different things.

On either of the 2 voice ports, you can set either of these settings:

voice-port 0/0/0

input gain

output attenuation -

So in this case you can make the voice louder by doing an 'input gain 5' on both voice ports. Or, you could do 'input gain 5' 'output attenuation -5' on one voice port.

The commands are just as how they sound - input gain raises the volume on incoming voice from the FXO, and output attenuation makes it quieter. In this case the attenuation is a negative value so it makes the output louder.

hth,

nick

Thanks Nick, will give this a shot and will let you know.

Hi Nick, this is helpful for voice but no significant effect on the ring back. The caller will still hear a 'muffled' ring.

Is there any command just for ringback tones?

Have seen this command but I think it's only for those not hearing any ringback at all:

progress_ind setup enable 3

Thanks,

Robert

Hi Robert,

If these are FXO/FXS ports then there shouldn't be any difference between the ringback and normal voice. It's possible that the device generating ringback doesn't have a very loud ringback. I filed a bug on the Ringback from CUE on the UC520 but I don't think that's the case here.

I would try increasing the values to very high values and see if the ringback is improved at all. If not, then you may not have any other options.

-nick

That makes sense. Thanks Nick.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: