Unanswered Question
Mar 6th, 2009

Hello Everyone.

Got this topolgy:

WLC------AP-----wireless client

WLC:2106

AP: AIR-LAP1242AG

wireless client: laptop

The WLC can see the AP, and already setup a wireless LAN. This is working because from the wireless client I can access the GUI from the WLC (using the wireless connection). However I cannot "see" how to make that wireless lan connect to internet.

How does the WLC connects to internet?

The WLC does NAT?

Should I connect a switch to the WLC, then perform NAT on that switch to reach internet?

Can you describe me what to connect to the WLC so my simple topology reaches internet?

Thanks everyone for your time

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
skronawithleitner Sat, 03/07/2009 - 01:10

The WLC does not route any traffic. Think of the WLC and APs as one big Accesspoint without routing - everything it does is take packets from the wireless and put them on wired (and vice versa).

So yes, connect the WLC to a switch and do the routing on the switch, your favorite router or anything you like. configure your WLAN in a specific VLAN via dynamic interfaces on the WLC, allow this VLAN on the uplink to the WLC and put your router into this VLAN.

George Stefanick Sun, 03/08/2009 - 06:36

Something easy you can do is plug a laptop into your vlan and work out your issues, if your laptop can get internet your wireless would as well..

Actions

This Discussion