cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Report Stopped Working

PaulWelc
Level 1
Level 1

I used to get the report "Activity: Spyware - Top Hosts". For the last few weeks the report shows nothing (no data). Any ideas on how to get this report populated again? I have rebooted MARS and that didn't help. Thanks

6 Replies 6

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The first step would be to check if the reporting device is actually feeding this data into MARS? Have you verified that.

Regards

Farrukh

Hi Farrukh, I'm not sure what feeds this report, is there a way to tell? I have an IPS in my ASA, also have Active Directory sending reports to MARS.

Event type: Penetrate/Backdoor/Spyware/Response

Query Type: Source IPs ranked by Sessions

Time: 1d-0h

Just query MARS for this event-type. Once you get the old incidents in the Query, MARS will show you the 'Reporting Devices' name. Check this link:

https://www.cisco.com/sie/appintel/mars_incident-small-MS08-001.jpg

The reporting devices are IDSM2/4240 sensor etc,

Regards

Farrukh

Farrukh, great idea, the only problem I chose to show me the report for a month, and for a year and MARS immediately comes back without data. I know I had data from the last year in this report( probably 3 months ago). I choose "Year" then click "display report" and 1 second later it comes back blank like it didn't try to pull the data.

Can you logon to the CLI (SSH) and restart the MARS services? Usually MARS should make this large time-span query as a

'Batch Query' (and not inline), which would be delivered to your email inbox (if configured).

Regards

Farrukh

I can try this, though I did reboot MARS last week and still didn't get the report. I double checked my IPS module in my ASA to make sure it is sending alerts to MARS, it is. Thanks for all of your help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: