cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Router Selection

rayroyaleverest
Level 1
Level 1

What is a good router to use for an organization of 200 people?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

George

For an office supporting 200 people and with a T1 as its link to outside I would probably suggest a router in the 1800 series, perhaps the 1841 which comes with 2 FastEthernet interfaces and a slot in which you can install a card for a T1. This router would have the capacity to route over the T1 and to do routing within the office.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

adamclarkuk_2
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

Unfortunately, we are going to need more information than that to recommend a router.

1. What do you need the router to be able to do

2. What kind of throughput are you expecting

3. If this is an edge device, what type of Internet connection do you have

The router will be used in a small office. The Internet connection will be T-1. I don't know what the throughput will be.

George

For an office supporting 200 people and with a T1 as its link to outside I would probably suggest a router in the 1800 series, perhaps the 1841 which comes with 2 FastEthernet interfaces and a slot in which you can install a card for a T1. This router would have the capacity to route over the T1 and to do routing within the office.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: