Views
Helpful
Replies

FWSM in VSS

Mhon Baul
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm planning to migrate our core/distribution to VSS. Also i need to migrate also our FWSM to VSS.. Does anyone already done this? Can someone please give me an idea on what will be the impact to FWSM after migrating to VSS. Would appreciate also if someone can guide me to implement FWSM in VSS successfully. Thanks in advanced!

regards,

1 Reply 1

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

One of the main objectives of FWSM 4.0 is to provide close integration and collaboration between FWSM and other Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Switch services. This paper provides technical details for integration of FWSM4.0 with the Virtual Switching System (VSS).

The integration and deployment of FWSM in a VSS environment are done transparently and do not require special configuration. There are only minor changes on the Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series side that need to be considered, and these are very much contained within the changes that are inherent to VSS model of Cisco IOS Software.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps9336/white_paper_c11_513360.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card