cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrate from PIX to ASA, problems with intermediate config from pixtoasa.ex

cisco
Level 1
Level 1

I have just started the process with migrating from PIX to ASA-platform. I have used to pixtoasa.exe-tool several times to convert my existing PIX-config to ASA 5520-config, this has been working ok. But after the last time I reset the ASA to factory-default it will not accept the intermediate config from pixtoasa.exe anymore. I am doing as follows:

1: Running the tool with the PIX-config as input, no erros occurs during this process.

2: Copy the output to the ASA via TFTP

3: Copy the file into startup-config

4: reload

During boot the ASA shows a lot of errors, it seems the it does not accept the syntax of the PIX-commands, i.e. VPNGROUP-commands, that should be converted during boot. Any tips on thiswould be great. Do I have have set the ASA into a special mode to force it to convert the config? Thanks!

1 Reply 1

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

Cisco has released the PIX to ASA Migration tool in order to help automate the process of migrating to the new ASA appliances. This tool can be downloaded from the PIX Software download site.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/migration/guide/pix2asa.html#wp289421

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card