cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade from 12.4 to 12.4T, ios firewall not working?

daysofwonder
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm attempting an upgrade from 12.4-18 to latest 12.4-24T on a 1841 (my point for upgrade is to allow TCP out of order segments through the firewall which seems to have been introduce in 12.4-11T).

The router uses NAT, and a PPP dialer for an ATM (adsl) interface. Its initial configuration was done by SDM, so it has the default SDM low firewall configuration.

When upgrading to 12.4-24T, all the traffic that is not explicitely permitted by the inbound access list of the outside dialer 0 interface is blocked by it, even though a show ip ips inspect all shows all the traffic accepted by the firewall.

It all looks like that the access-lists exceptions were not added in front of my inbound access-lists as it should have been done.

I can post the configuration if needed.

Any ideas on how I can debug this issue?

2 Replies 2

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check the bug toolkit-

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/launch_bugtool.pl

We ran into something like this and it was a bug. I don't remember the IOS versions though.

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

Although I couldn't find the issue witht bug toolkit, I upgraded to an older version 12.4-15T8 and it seems to work fine so far, so I think the issue appearead in a subsequent release.

Thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: