Views
Helpful
Replies

CCA - 'Phone Type not Supported'

support
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All

When I go into Configure - Telephony - Voice - Users and configure each phone with a username when I apply the settings I get a error under the phone type which once clicked on displays the message 'Phone Type not Supported'.

The Phones in question are CP-521s although they're list as 521G in Phone Type on the users tab but picks them up as 'IP Phone CP-521S' in the Topology View.

Has anyone else come across this problem?

Many Thanks

Stuart

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Pickup Groups can be configured through CCA by clicking the More button under the Users tab under voice configuration.  Just select a pickup group number from the dropdown list to be applied to the main extension.  I believe that configuration examples for this feature, along with many other common features, can be found in the First Look labs here https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9646

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Stuart,

There was a known problem with exactly this in CCA 1.9 so we replaced it with CCA 1.9.1 within 2 days or so.

Are you using CCA 1.9.1?

What bundle are you useing for SBCS (7.0.2 bundle zip) is the latest which also supports these phones, however they were also supported in XW9.

Hello

I'm using UC520-7.0.2.zip,  I ended up downgranding the IOS from uc500-advipservicesk9-mz.124-11.XW10.bin to uc500-advipservicesk9-mz.124-11.XW8.bin and I am now able to make the required changes without that error message appearing.

Very strange indeed.

Do you know where I can find information on setting up Group Pickups on the UC520?

Many Thanks

Stuart

Pickup Groups can be configured through CCA by clicking the More button under the Users tab under voice configuration.  Just select a pickup group number from the dropdown list to be applied to the main extension.  I believe that configuration examples for this feature, along with many other common features, can be found in the First Look labs here https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9646