Views
Helpful
Replies

Site to Site Using PIX-ASA

ghanshyam.saini
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have two sites and those have their own set up with security and routing devices.

Now i have to conenct these two sites using point to point link (say 100 mbps). I have one interface (Management one) available on one side ASA and one interface aailable on other side PIX (7.0)

Both the sites have their default routes to outside networks (say internet)

Can you please guide me to the best way to do this. These tow sites have different VTP domians running on 4500 series switches and need access each other.

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

adamclarkuk_2
Level 4
Level 4

I would terminate these into a switch at both ends first as L2 drops and then terminate the ASA's interfaces into the same VLAN.

I would also not recommend using the management interface on your ASA, instead, trunk the connection to your ASA and create VLAN interfaces for communication.

hxxp://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa80/configuration/guide/int5505.pdf

If you do want to use the mangement interface, you will need to disable the management only feature on the interface using the interface level command :-

no management-only

Hi,

Can you please brief me how can i do the routing for management interface, my default route is through outside interface in the ASA. What are the options for that.

Thanks

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card