Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM daylight saving time

alex goshtaei
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

would you please instruct me how to configure daylight saving time in CUCM 7.0?

thanks

Alex

10 Replies 10

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

7.0 already has DST for US

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Thanks for respond,

I am using NTP reference server, but I can't see DTS option to configure in CUCM. can you please show me how to access to DTS?

thanks

Alex

???????????

what DST option??????

if you're still thinking on windows versions and the checkbox, drop that idea, this is linux

HTH

java

HTH

java

Ok, it doesn't calculate DTS automaticall, then I had to change timezone to show correct time.

any suggestion would be appreciated.

Alex

To java - Pretty rude answer man. And you are supposed to be helping people.

Actually Java was helping a lot before, but I don't know about this time. Actually DST in CUCM linux based has a bug based on Cisco TAC engineers.

and i do try to help people as this is completely separate from what my role job is and do it on my own free time, i apologize if you feel it's rude but there are many things that simply are not going to be the same.

in windows you had the time settings and the DST checkbox, linux is never going to have that. you simply need to understand that many old ideas you had on windows you'll have to forget because linux doesn't have that.

if i hurt your feelings i apologize, i didn't mean to

java

HTH

java

We here at cisco we really apologize for all this DST inconvience, i know you need more than our apologies, the way DST works in Linux is different.

We discovered a DDTS which is in the thread Michael posted above, you will have more information there.

In regards java response, please feel free to contact me directly for any questions in regards DST gogasca at cisco.com, im out of the office but still replying emails.

Thanks

Thanks

Hello,

I would like to confirm, whether do we have to make any changes in DST, or it shall be done automatically ?

If we need to change it manually, then i understand we need to change following parameters

1.  Time of day Routing: Time Period ,Time Schedule, Partition, CSS also ?

2.  Date/Time Group

3.  Device Pool

We are using CUCM v6.1.2.1000-13

Regds

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: