Jon Marshall Mon, 03/09/2009 - 08:48
User Badges:
  • Super Blue, 32500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

    Founding Member

  • Cisco Designated VIP,

    2017 LAN, WAN


If the WAN presents as ethernet then yes you can do this. You would look to connect a switch into the LAN ethernet on the 2811 and then you can route the LAN from the 2811.

If you are going to need a number of internal vlans then you can either

1) use 802.1q subinterfaces on the 2811 ethernet interface to route between the vlans and connect the switch to the 2811 as a trunk port


2) use a L3 switch such as the 3560/3750 and route between vlans on the switch and then connect the switch to the 2811 router with a L3 routed link.



This Discussion