802.1x Novell Contextless

Unanswered Question
Mar 9th, 2009
User Badges:

I have a couple of school districts that have Intel wireless cards, Novell, ACS, and Novell Contextless login. We sold them the CSSC to allow them to do 802.1x in this environment. It works great except for an bug identified with Intel cards where it randomly disables the card. Cisco has fixed the bug in CSSC 5.x, but 5.x no longer supports Novell. So I am looking for a solution for my customers that will address 802.1x, Novell, Novell Contextless login, ACS, Intel wireless cards. If anyone has a suggestion, please let me know. I am willing to look at other options for back end such as Free Radius or perhaps PEAP with clientless login, but I must be certain whatever I recommend will work.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
tstanik Sun, 03/15/2009 - 14:18
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

Make sure that With contextless login, the context does not appear in the Novell Login dialog box because the context lookup is suppressed until after the user has entered their user name and password and the Cisco Secure Services Client has authenticated to the network.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps7034/products_configuration_example09186a0080734a66.shtml#login

Actions

This Discussion