cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VLAN Span

niro
Level 1
Level 1

I have a question about spanning a vlan source...I have two 6500's plugged into each other with a L2 etherchannel, and I have a network monitor tool plugged in to both switches. I'm trying to span a source vlan which is getting over 100Mb in traffic (one span session on each switch) but it looks like the destination vlan only gets 10-20Mb of traffic, and the network monitor tool is not capturing the traffic I'm looking for. I assumed the switch which is active for that vlan would see all the traffic...(which is right according to the vlan interface statistics on the switch)...so I don't understand why I'm not seeing all that traffic?

2 Replies 2

Yea my configuration is correct.

I guess my question might be a little bit different then...the vlan I'm actually trying to monitor is the internal vlan for FWSM (I'm trying to see all the traffic entering FWSM). So I have that as the sour vlan (in both directions)...but I'm definitely not seeing all the traffic...is that the correct way to span this traffic?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: