cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with migrating from Pix til ASA using pixtoasa.exe

cisco
Level 1
Level 1

I have just started the process with migrating from PIX to ASA-platform. I have used to pixtoasa.exe-tool several times to convert my existing PIX-config to ASA 5520-config, this has been working ok. But after the last time I reset the ASA to factory-default it will not accept the intermediate config from pixtoasa.exe anymore. I am doing as follows:

1: Running the tool with the PIX-config as input, no erros occurs during this process.

2: Copy the output to the ASA via TFTP

3: Copy the file into startup-config

4: reload

During boot the ASA shows a lot of errors, it seems the it does not accept the syntax of the PIX-commands, i.e. VPNGROUP-commands, that should be converted during boot. Any tips on thiswould be great. Do I have have set the ASA into a special mode to force it to convert the config? Thanks!

1 Reply 1

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

I recommend that you use the tool-assisted conversion for converting PIX configurations to ASA configurations. This method uses two tools, the Outbound Conduit Conversion Tool and the Cisco PIX-to-ASA migration tool, to convert Cisco PIX Software version 6.3(x), 7.x, or 8.0 configurations to configurations that are usable on a Cisco ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliance.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/migration/guide/pix2asa.html#wp279448

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: