IPCC Busy signal after so many calls are in queue.

Unanswered Question
Brandon Buffin Mon, 03/09/2009 - 13:36

This is determined by the number of ports that you have configured and are licensed for. Browse to http:///appadmin and go to Subsystems > JTAPI > JTAPI Call Control Group. From here, you can see the number of licensed ports as well as the number you have configured.

Hope this helps.

Jonathan Schulenberg Mon, 03/09/2009 - 16:28

Note that the Trigger and Application also have configurable limits on them that restrict how many calls they can handle concurrently.

I have a questen closely related to that. I WANT a busy signal after so many callers in the queue. So I set the Max Sessions to lets say 3 in the trigger and in the application. Bad thing is, i don't get a busy signal, but an announciation that says "sorry the number you have dialed is not reachable at the moment" (or something like that).

How can i persuade that thing to playout a busy signal for the 4th caller? is there a way?

karldbrooks Fri, 03/13/2009 - 17:02

You could set your script to reject the call if there are no agents available / they are the 4th caller. Personally from the customer services perspective you may be better off setting your script to play a message asking people to call back later if there are no agents available, or also asking them if they want to leave a voicemail.

This Discussion