dvanzee@rgl.net Mon, 03/09/2009 - 14:31

Can you tell me where I find this information? I think I might need to purchase a license. How do I tell if I have a license for CME?

Kenneth Mohammed Mon, 03/09/2009 - 14:40


The number of phones and extensions you can support on your CME is based on router platform and IOS version.

Check this link:


and here is the CME version/IOS compatibility matrix:


Hope that helped, if so please rate.

dvanzee@rgl.net Mon, 03/09/2009 - 14:57

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the quick response. So are you saying you don't have to install a license file? If you do, can you tell me the commend to run to figure out if my router already has it? Also, Can the router be a TFTP for the phone, or how does that work?

snickered Mon, 03/09/2009 - 15:00

You don't have to install a license file. And, yes, the router can be the tftp-server for the phones.

Jaime Valencia Mon, 03/09/2009 - 15:22

SCCP: Setting Up Cisco Unified CME


Router is the TFTP, the guides have all the info on this.

the licensing is honour based, so even if you don't need an actual file you do need to buy it for legal terms. similar to IPC before, the license was just a piece of paper but you had to buy if to be licensed to use it even if it's not really necessary to install or use IPC



if this helps, please rate


This Discussion