cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MeetingPlace Express email notification to outside domain

phamvinhdat
Level 3
Level 3

I am having problem with sending invitation to guests' email id from outside of the company domain. I have checked the permission on exchange and MPE but could not figure out the issue. Is anybody having any luck on email notification, please provide some pointers so I can check on my end.

I have MeetingPlace Express 2.0.3.5 and Exchange 2007.

Thanks.

Dat Pham

4 Replies 4

phamvinhdat
Level 3
Level 3

I have found the solution. It was missing a SMTP relay. To create a new relay follow this link:

http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2006/12/28/432013.aspx

Thanks.

Dat Pham

Dat,

I'm having the same issue, notifications work fine from Outlook to internal and external participants (outside the company)however, they fail to external people if using the MPE Web User Interface which is mapped to the SMTP server settings. I will try the SMTP relay service and provide an update.

Armando

Yes, The relay worked.

MPE uses the STMP setting and in Exchange 2007 the relay setting can be configured for IP or email address for relay authentication depending in how the exchange admin wants to do it.

hth

Armando

Gracias, me sirvio de mucho.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: