Auto-Managed configurations via WLSE 2.15

Unanswered Question
Mar 9th, 2009

I'm managing a very large roll out of AIR-AP1131AG access points, all in autonomous mode, using a WLSE running version 2.15.

Due to the current network environment, these are all being shipped out with a basic configuration as there is no dhcp service at the remote sites. I'm then using the WLSE to push out a full config to the newly installed access points.

I can manually create a configuration job and push out the final config to access points that have already been discovered and managed by the WLSE. However, I've never been able to get the Auto-Managed config option to work - the WLSE never attempts to push a config when the devices are first discovered and managed.

I hope I'm just missing something (not so) obvious in the WLSE config.

In the WLSE interface, under Configure->Auto Update->Auto-Managed Configuration->Assign Templates, I have a template created, the Enable box is checked, I have a known-good configuration template selected, and under Matching Criteria: I have Device Types checked with AP 1130 in the selection box. I also have Update device credentials checked and Copy Running configuration to Startup configuration checked.

Under Auto-Managed Configuration Options I have SSH selected as the protocol, and Email results of auto-managed configuration jobs to (my email address).

The WLSE never tries to push a config to access points when they're first managed, so I have to manually find the newly-discovered access points and create a configuration job to push the configs to them.

I have a TAC case open on this issue, but I'm having a tough time just getting the TAC engineer to respond.

What might I be missing here?

Thanks...

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics - Security & Network