Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AA - Ring & Prompt / GDM

Hi,

I use CUEeditor to make some script, but I'm blocking on something.

I'm looking for a method, in CUEeditor, to dial an extension at any time during a prompt.

I think a lot of people will be interested by this thing.

I have another problem with the GDM.

I created a group, with some user in, and apply a primary extension number.

I would like that when a external caller dial a extension and nobody answer, the call will be forwarded to the general delivery mailbox.

So I configured the same number for the voicemail and the primary extension number of the group.

And I just can leave message on the mailbox of a extension, but it never redirected in the GDM for all the user of the group.

Thanks in advance.

Cordially.

Florent

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Florent,

For your desired AA call behavior, I think this may be possible using a basic call center application.  I'm not entirely sure on that though, I'll let Marcos confirm or deny as he has more experience with that.

*Edit I spoke with Marcos and he says that this is possible using the BACD TCL scripts.  If you check out this App note written by Marcos it should point you in the right direction.  https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-1511 Also these configuration docs may come in handy http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/bacd/configuration/guide/cme40tcl.html

As for the GDM setup, I think I understand what you want.  Here is what you can do:  First configure an extension which maps to a GDM.  You can do all this through the CUE web gui.  Enter 10.1.10.1 (default ip address for CUE, note you may have changed this on your system) into a web browser.  Login using your admin information (for example cisco/cisco).  Go to Configure->Extensions and add a new extension.  Call it something like GDM and enter your voicemail extension in its call forward all field (example voicemail extension is 299).  Now select the extensions that you would like to have calls forwarded to the GDM and set them to call forward no answer to your new GDM extension.  Next go to Configure-Groups and add a new group called GDMgroup or something.  Have your GDM extension number be its primary extension.  Go to members/owners and add the desired extensions as members.  Once you create this group, it will prompt you to create a mailbox for this group.  Go through the mailbox setup and you should be good.  Test the process by calling one of the user extensions and the call will forward to your new extension's GDM mailbox.

To setup your after hours night service, you can use CCA 1.9.  On the configure telephony->voice page, go to the voice features tab.  Here there is an option for night service configuration.  Choose the extensions you want forwarding calls at night to the GDM from the Extn # drop down, select call forward night service as the Answer type, and use your GDM extension.  Make sure you have a night service scheduled under Telephony->schedules and you're good to go.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Skyler Spence
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Florent,

For your first issue, this is fairly simple to do in the CUE Gui's script editor.  When creating a script under System->Scripts there is a checkbox in the upper left under 'Settings' that will enable "Dial-by-extension at any time during the main menu".  For the second issue, if you want calls to ring a group of extensions and go to a GDM if one of those users don't answer have you considered configuring a hunt group?  This can be done in CCA where you add the list of extensions you want to ring and select call forward no answer to voicemail, this well take care of the GDM setup for you.

Additionally, for your first question, you can send an email to ask-cue-editor@external.cisco.com, a best effort alias that we use to support customized scripts.

Marcos Hernandez
Technical Marketing Engineer
Cisco Systems, Inc.

Thanks for your answer.

Hmm, I didn't correctly formule my question.

In fact, with the script, I would like to make ringing an extenstion at the same time a prompt is playing to the caller, like a welcome message. And when the standardiste is free, she can call-up to answer.

I made a menu where I make a call-transfer in the end of the timeout, with one maximum retry. But the transfer is carried out only after, and the caller hear the ring.

And for the GDM, when the business is closed (i configured a business hours), I would like to transfer directly all calls in the GDM.

Now, I just can leave message in a personnal mailbox and not in the GDM, yet I call the GDM number.

Cordially

Florent

Florent,

For your desired AA call behavior, I think this may be possible using a basic call center application.  I'm not entirely sure on that though, I'll let Marcos confirm or deny as he has more experience with that.

*Edit I spoke with Marcos and he says that this is possible using the BACD TCL scripts.  If you check out this App note written by Marcos it should point you in the right direction.  https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-1511 Also these configuration docs may come in handy http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/bacd/configuration/guide/cme40tcl.html

As for the GDM setup, I think I understand what you want.  Here is what you can do:  First configure an extension which maps to a GDM.  You can do all this through the CUE web gui.  Enter 10.1.10.1 (default ip address for CUE, note you may have changed this on your system) into a web browser.  Login using your admin information (for example cisco/cisco).  Go to Configure->Extensions and add a new extension.  Call it something like GDM and enter your voicemail extension in its call forward all field (example voicemail extension is 299).  Now select the extensions that you would like to have calls forwarded to the GDM and set them to call forward no answer to your new GDM extension.  Next go to Configure-Groups and add a new group called GDMgroup or something.  Have your GDM extension number be its primary extension.  Go to members/owners and add the desired extensions as members.  Once you create this group, it will prompt you to create a mailbox for this group.  Go through the mailbox setup and you should be good.  Test the process by calling one of the user extensions and the call will forward to your new extension's GDM mailbox.

To setup your after hours night service, you can use CCA 1.9.  On the configure telephony->voice page, go to the voice features tab.  Here there is an option for night service configuration.  Choose the extensions you want forwarding calls at night to the GDM from the Extn # drop down, select call forward night service as the Answer type, and use your GDM extension.  Make sure you have a night service scheduled under Telephony->schedules and you're good to go.

Hi,

Since the last time, I had some time to study the "BACD" script provides by Cisco.

So, I found how to make ringing a phone with a message for the caller instead of the ring tone.

In fact, the call will be queued at the same time as the phone rings.

When you configure the "B-ACD" application, in the "service aa", if you don't want a menu, you have to enter "param drop-through-option X" (where X is the number of the button on the phone associated with the hunt-group in the "service queue").

After, when you downloaded a "wav" file in the flash memory to place it as a welcome message, you have to enter "param drop-through-prompt file_name.wav".

And finally, the number of hunt-group must be one. "param number-of-hunt-grps 1"

If you entered a specific file for the hold message, the script "app-b-acd-aa-2.1.2.2.tcl" will wait until the end of the message to make ring the phone.

Well, to have this specific message at the same time the phone rings, you have to modify a line in the script.

With an unmodified document, replace the "fsm setstate OPTIONSELECTED" on line 429 by "act_GotDestNoOption".

The "fsm setstate OPTIONSELECTED" will wait to receive an "ev_media_done" event before moving on the "act_GotDestNoOption" procedure.

And, with the "act_GotDestNoOption" instead of "fsm setstate OPTIONSELECTED", the script wait for nothing, and move the call directly in the "act_GotDestNoOption" procedure and play prompt at the same time the phone rings.

I post the modified script.

(I think I can post this method because this script is provided free by cisco, so everyone can get it)

And about the GDM, I create an "ephone-dn" with the same number as the number of my GDM, and a "call-forward all X" pointing to the number of the GDM.

I hope this could help someone.

Cordially

Very, very cool post. Thanks Florent.

Marcos

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: