cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Redirecting Cisco VPN clients over VPN site-to-site tunnel

IgorHamzic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all. I have a following situation in our network. We have users that are connecting to our network using Cisco VPN clients to work on the servers. Now they need to work both on our servers and on servers on remote location that is connected to our network via VPN site-to-site tunnel. Is there a way the traffic from the Cisco VPN clients can be redirected over the VPN site-to-site tunnel when they need to work on the servers at the remote location? Is it as simple as adding a new network to the allowed networks in the site-to-site configuration or do I need to do something else. Thanks in advance for any help.

3 Replies 3

IgorHamzic
Level 1
Level 1

I almost forgot. I'm using Cisco ASA 5510 with software version 8.0(3)6.

I just realized I posted the question in wrong part of forum. Sorry about that.

Is it as simple as adding a new network to the allowed networks in the site-to-site configuration or do I need to do something else. Thanks in advance for any help.

You got the idea, yes you will need to add RA Network to your L2L tunnel policy.

Have a look here Hub-spoke vpns, in this design you have a hub PIX and two PIXs as a spoke, in your scenario would be similar pretending one of the PIX spokes is your RA VPN connections.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a00804675ac.shtml

Regards

Jorge Rodriguez
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: