cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"Test crash"

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I learned of this command yesterday. It's "hidden", meaning that it doesn't show as a valid command when doing "test ?"

If you do "test crash" and hit enter, you get to a subcommand line "?>" with a lot of options.

What's the purpose of this command, and why would you ever use it? What would it tell you, and how is it useful?

Thanks,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yasir Ashfaque
Level 1
Level 1

It is used to generate Crash Info, you can simulate a crash scenario with it,

so you can crash the router with different options and then save the logs, and if in future router crashes in real, by matching logs you can find out the cause of crash.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Yasir Ashfaque
Level 1
Level 1

It is used to generate Crash Info, you can simulate a crash scenario with it,

so you can crash the router with different options and then save the logs, and if in future router crashes in real, by matching logs you can find out the cause of crash.

Sounds dangerous to me :-)

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

eborcher
Level 1
Level 1

It is used internally by Cisco for testing crashinfo generation , High Availability failover scenarios, etc.

There have been cases in the past where it was used to recover information from a router that has not crashed ( the command history), but I would not recommend using it unless instructed by a qualified techninical support representive.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco