cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity DST Problem

thefindjack
Level 1
Level 1

I have Unity 5.x and when DST adjusted on Saturday my server didnt adjust. Im not sure how that server manages time, I adjusted the time setting through windows and then the Unity applications ceased to work. After restarting Unity the time reverted back to the wrong time again. So Im guessing that it is polling its time from somewhere else and it has to be sync'd in order to work. I have looked at both my AD and EXCH servers and the time on there is correct. Anybody have any suggestions?

5 Replies 5

Tray Stoutmeyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you have any patches installed (ie Engineering Specials)? Are you using NTP on Unity to synch with another server that maybe didn't update? We would need more info here.

Tray

The NTP service is not installed on W2k3, but Im not sure how to check to see if Unity is using NTP. I dont believe I have any engineering specials setup because this is a new install that hasnt been messed with a whole lot.

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As far as Unity ceasing to function.. if you're integrated with CUCM, and you change the time, the voice mail ports will unregister from CUCM and a reboot is required to fix this, as you've discovered.

Brad

Tray Stoutmeyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

TAC has been recommending all Unity 5.0 releases update their servers with at least ES67 as of late. The latest one available on Cisco.com is ES70 and I would recommend getting this updated to see if it improves your situation. Regardless, I would recommend this update even if you weren't having an issue due to the myriad of bug fixes it contains. Here is the link...

http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/ImageList.x?relVer=ES70&mdfid=281063851&sftType=Unity+System+Software&optPlat=&nodecount=17&edesignator=null&modelName=Cisco+Unity+Version+5.0&treeMdfId=278875240&modifmdfid=null&imname=&treeName=Voice+and+...

If you still have the time issue after this update, we can continue to see what other options you have.

Tray

We're having the same issue, thanks for pointing out that update. Hope it works.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: