Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Comparison of DMA 6.1(x) & CUCM upgrade versions

Hello,

Need to run DMA on CallManager 4.1(3).

Also have an upgrade with SKU CM6.1U4-K9-7825 (SW Upgrade CM 4.1/4.2 to CM 6.1 - 7825).

There is three maint releases within 6.1 DMA branch: 6.1(1a), 6.1(2), 6.1(3a).

I don't know which maint release of CUCM will give me CM6.1U4-K9-7825.

Which one of these 3 (three) DMA versions should I use ?

1 Reply 1

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Tobivan,

Hope life is treating you well!

You will need to see what exact media (DVD's) you receive with this upgrade kit, before you choose the proper DMA Version to use. Here is some related info;

Data Migration Assistant

Data Migration Assistant (DMA) assists you with migrating data from the current Windows-based system (with an SQL Server database) that later gets imported to the Linux-based system (with an Informix database).

Table 88 provides Cisco Data Migration Assistant (DMA) information for Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 4.x.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note If you have installed an (a), (b), (c), and so on, version of Cisco Unified Communications Manager, you only need to match the DMA major version number. For example, if you have Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 6.1(1b), you may use DMA Release 6.1(1a).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Find additional information on DMA at this URL:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_release_notes_list.html

From this excellent doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/ccmcompmatr.html#wp79913

You don't want to have to un-install DMA if you can avoid it (I've seen that it can be a tad messy):)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: