Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE: console Roll over, cross over, standard 232 cable

s.srivas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to access the ACE via console port and it does not seem to respond. What type of cable should I be using.

Please explain the differences and how to check if i have the correct cable.

(Not: During fault tolerance configs, password apear to be mixed up and I'm not able to access via session, login incorrect.)

SS

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ciscocsoc
Level 4
Level 4

From the Administration Guide, Pages 1-1 and 1-2:

"You can establish a direct serial connection between your terminal and the ACE by making a serial connection to the console port on the front of the ACE. The console port is an asynchronous RS-232 serial port with an RJ-45 connector. Any device connected to this port must be capable of asynchronous transmission. Connection requires a terminal configured as 9600 baud, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, no parity."

You need to connect this to a serial port on your PC/laptop. One of the standard blue Cisco console cables will do the trick.

HTH

Cathy

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ciscocsoc
Level 4
Level 4

From the Administration Guide, Pages 1-1 and 1-2:

"You can establish a direct serial connection between your terminal and the ACE by making a serial connection to the console port on the front of the ACE. The console port is an asynchronous RS-232 serial port with an RJ-45 connector. Any device connected to this port must be capable of asynchronous transmission. Connection requires a terminal configured as 9600 baud, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, no parity."

You need to connect this to a serial port on your PC/laptop. One of the standard blue Cisco console cables will do the trick.

HTH

Cathy

Cathy,

I can login to switch console port

using the same cable, same setup

setup to 9600,8,1,none I could not connect to ACE console.

I have a suspision that the RS232 etc means this is not that blue, flat cable!

Oh

using the normal cisco cable, but setting flow control off and it works now.

Thanks Cathy.