Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE: console Roll over, cross over, standard 232 cable

s.srivas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to access the ACE via console port and it does not seem to respond. What type of cable should I be using.

Please explain the differences and how to check if i have the correct cable.

(Not: During fault tolerance configs, password apear to be mixed up and I'm not able to access via session, login incorrect.)

SS

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ciscocsoc
Level 4
Level 4

From the Administration Guide, Pages 1-1 and 1-2:

"You can establish a direct serial connection between your terminal and the ACE by making a serial connection to the console port on the front of the ACE. The console port is an asynchronous RS-232 serial port with an RJ-45 connector. Any device connected to this port must be capable of asynchronous transmission. Connection requires a terminal configured as 9600 baud, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, no parity."

You need to connect this to a serial port on your PC/laptop. One of the standard blue Cisco console cables will do the trick.

HTH

Cathy

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ciscocsoc
Level 4
Level 4

From the Administration Guide, Pages 1-1 and 1-2:

"You can establish a direct serial connection between your terminal and the ACE by making a serial connection to the console port on the front of the ACE. The console port is an asynchronous RS-232 serial port with an RJ-45 connector. Any device connected to this port must be capable of asynchronous transmission. Connection requires a terminal configured as 9600 baud, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, no parity."

You need to connect this to a serial port on your PC/laptop. One of the standard blue Cisco console cables will do the trick.

HTH

Cathy

Cathy,

I can login to switch console port

using the same cable, same setup

setup to 9600,8,1,none I could not connect to ACE console.

I have a suspision that the RS232 etc means this is not that blue, flat cable!

Oh

using the normal cisco cable, but setting flow control off and it works now.

Thanks Cathy.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: