Views
Helpful
Replies

HTTPS to HTTP Rewrite CSS 1150x

a.edens
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys.

I am hoping that one of you might be able to point me in the right direction. I have several IIS based web sites that are using SSL certificates. For the most part these sites only have a folder or two that need to be forced into SSL, which I can do with the server. Where my problem is coming in is that end users are able to use SSL over the ENTIRE site simply by adding HTTPS to the URL. It doesn't appear that I can stop this behavior with IIS.

With Apache web servers the answer was simple, we just rewrite their URLS back to HTTP on any folder that doesn't need to be encrypted. Since we don't have that option on IIS, I would like to do it with the CSS if possible.

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Only possible if you terminate SSL on the CSS.

This is the only way for the CSS to see the url and decide if it should be sent to port 80 or port 443.

Gilles.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Only possible if you terminate SSL on the CSS.

This is the only way for the CSS to see the url and decide if it should be sent to port 80 or port 443.

Gilles.

Gilles.

Sorry for the delay and thanks for the reply. I was afraid you were going to say that.

Will put in an order for the SSL modules. :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: