cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

XML Document returns no matches

voiceops
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using CRS 3.5 (Queue Manager IP IVR) and in a few scripts I'm reading an XML document to get some data.

What can I do when I don't get any data back?

Is there an exception I can capture?

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you debug the script, and a match was not found, what does the HMO_TFN variable have for a value immediately after the Extract XML Doc Data step?

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There are a few document exceptions which you can use. They typically catch when there is a syntax error in the XML for example. If a specific value had nothing in it, the variable should be null. You can use a simple If statement at that point.

Thanks for the reply, I used an If statement but it still doesn't work.

I'm using an "Extract XML Doc Data" step with xpath "//SSC/DNIS[ENTITY=" + Entity_ID + "]/TFN".

If there's a match it copies the result into a variable called HMO_TFN which I then pass through a number of variables using the java substring(x,x) class; but if it doesn't find a match it fails... but it fails at the first instance of the substring(x,x) though and not really after the extract xml object.

If you debug the script, and a match was not found, what does the HMO_TFN variable have for a value immediately after the Extract XML Doc Data step?

I ended up using a DocumentException and that did it.

thanks for your help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: