cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone System Usage Ideas

roxysbrian
Level 1
Level 1

The owner of the company has tasked me with having the phone system do something for the company that it is capable of but currently not doing. This is quite tough because he hasn't given me any expectations or examples of things that he has heard from other people. Working for a collection agency is a whole different ball of wax than other companies. I know that there are things that this system can do but wouldn't be useful to our business as no one was to call or be called by a collection agency. Hence, I am asking the you guys, the Cisco Community, if you have worked with a collection agency and implemented some services or IPCC scripts that has really helped the company or if anyone else just has any ideas. Here is what our current setup consists of:

2 H323 gateways, CCM 4.1(3), IPCC Express Premium 4.0(4), Unity 4.2(1)

Thank you in advance for any helps that you guys could provide.

Thanks

Brian

7 Replies 7

Michael Owuor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Brian,

What would you like the system to do that it is not doing today?

Thanks,

Michael.

That's the million dollar question. I know this system can run circles but it's figuring out what circle it needs to run. I know there are countless things that IPCC can do but I'm not sure what would really be applicable in our industry. I was hope to get some ideas from the community and maybe be able to come up with some thing off of that.

Thanks

Brian

Thanks Brian,

Hopefully we can get a little bit more insight into your goals. If you could answer these questions, maybe the answer might spark ideas from the folks here:

1. What is different, odd, special or unique about how your company or industry uses the phone system

2. What challenges are typical to your industry?

3. What are some business objectives that you or your boss might want to accomplish with the help of the phone system.

Regards,

Michael.

1. No one likes a collection agency.

2. No one likes a collection agency.

3. Almost anything that can improve productivity.

It's cool to have the little thing in place in the scripts that tell you what place in the queue you are but even that is not feasible in our industry. Our average queue time is usually always under 10 seconds, so something that tells the caller what is going on doesn't really work with us. We try to get the caller to the agent as fast as possible because these people don't want to talk to us 99% of the time.

We would like to have the functionality to screen pop the caller's info in a better way that is being done now. Currently we are using a macro that gets the enterprise data to populate a specific field but that is frustrating to use because if someone is using the active screen and answers the phone then it erases what they have done when the macro runs. We currently use an AS400 for our main database and I'm not sure what else we could do to make the to systems more seamless on that part.

Thanks

Brian

2. The biggest challenge is getting the caller to the agent as fast as possible. Our average abandon time is about 45 seconds, so it's imperative that the agents get the calls asap.

3. As far as objectives go, I have absolutely no clue because the owner won't tell me what he's heard at different trades shows and so forth. Doesn't make this project any easier that's for sure.

Hi Brian,

Here's a feature that may be interesting to you as a means of increasing the contacts that get to speak with an agent. This is from the Administration Guide.

Effective Cisco CRS Release 5.0, the Cisco Unified CCX Outbound Preview Dialer (Outbound) feature is available in the Unified CCX product.

The Outbound feature supports the direct preview mode in the Unified CCX Release 5.0(1). The direct preview dialing mode allows agents to preview a customer call on CAD before the call is placed. The advantage of this mode is that an agent is already on the call when the customer answers and can quickly begin talking with the customer immediately.

The Outbound subsystem presents the agent with a popup window displaying the customer information prior to placing the Outbound call. The agent has the choice of accepting the call or ignoring it. The Outbound subsystem dials the customer only if the agent accepts the call.

If the agent accepts the call in this mode, the Outbound call is initiated from the agent's phone. Since the call is initiated from the agent's phone, the agent can hear the customer's phone ring and also hear other tones, such as a busy signal.

Brian - You should also consider posting your question on the Contact Center forum to give it visibility to additional experts.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Michael

Unfortunately we are still on version 4 and don't have that capability, but we do already have a 3rd party dialer system that is integrated with our AS400.

Thanks

Brian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: