cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is this a CSCsv95235 redux or CSCsw39641/CSCsw88378

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

A Netconfig job scheduled at 20:00, Mar 07 deployed the one-line global config fine, but remained in "Running" state. User-initiated stoppage results in "Stop initiated" state. This looks like CSCsv95235 but that had been patched. I happened to have debug on for Netconfigclient. The job seems to be reappearing in Netconfigclient.log over and over. Is this CSCsw39641/CSCsw88378 instead?

casuser 7396 14413 0 Mar 07 ? 3:56 CSCO.2239 -cw:jre lib/jre -cp /opt/CSCOpx/MDC/tomcat/shared/lib/MICE.jar:/opt/C

10 Replies 10

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A one-line job should not trigger CSCsw39641 unless the remote window size was sufficiently small. CSCsw88378 is a possibility if the credentials in DCR are wrong. CSCsv95235 is also a possibility depending on the device type. Have you applied any new xdi.jar patches lately?

Netconfigclient debugging is useless here. Netconfig jobs require Config Job debugging, and the whole job directory is required for proper troubleshooting. However, in this case, more thread dumps are also required. Therefore, a TAC Service Request is recommended.

Neither of the CSCsw looks the part.

Currently installed xdi.jar is the one patched for CSCsv95235, which was affecting only Netconfig jobs deploying per-interface commands.

ls -al xdi.jar

-rwxr-x--- 1 casuser casusers 5011319 Jan 20 22:40 xdi.jar

digest -a md5 xdi.jar

326986eef9c9e46801a8623014ddd07e

This is my xdi.jar, and it has fixes for all three bugs. You have probably found a new bug.

is there a new xdi.jar available? I just received xdi.jar from TAC with a MD5 checksum of f975e723e3dfe8fa18af49a5f619bc9b on windows.

According to the information from TAC the checksum is correct - I just want to make sure that the file is up-to-date - perhaps including a patch for a new bug found by ydabear.... ?!

@ydabear: thanks for mentioning these bugs -it saved me a lot of time!

That's the first patch I received for CSCsv95235 (and maybe SCsw39641/CSCsw88378 too). The one with checksum 326986eef9c9e46801a8623014ddd07e is what I have in use right now.

The issue in the first post is still being investigated.

I haven't produced any newer xdi.jar files for RME 4.2. The MD5 already mentioned in this thread is my latest, which includes my fixes for the three aforementioned bugs.

this would mean that the file I did get is not the latest !?

the SR is 611068151, Joe could you please provide the latest file to the CaseOwner or tell her how or where she can get the file?

Martin,

I find pointing to the corresponding forum thread directly usually gets the TAC engineer in the right direction really quickly. Obligatory disclaimer: YMMV :P

you are absolutely right ! and that's why I opened the case with only referring to this thread and just a few additional words :-)

it is as you said : YMMV :-)

this forum is really helpful!

Just saw the email from the watchdog script that it detected a second ConfigMgmtServer at 22:32:26. I should have the thread dumps shortly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: