cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM 5.2 for ASA - Unable to read configuration

konigsberginc
Level 1
Level 1

Started setup for the ASA 5510 with SSM-10 module. While attempting to connect with the ASDM 5.2 I received the following "ASDM is unable to read the configuration from the ASA. Please check the configuration and your connection and then try again by clicking the Refresh Icon."

I am able to connect via the Console port without any problem, where I verified that the Management interface is Up.

What am I missing?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

john.kizlyk
Level 1
Level 1

I believe it is an issue with the Java version you have installed on your workstation. For ASDM 5.2, you need Sun Java 1.6 update 7 or older... 1.6 update 10 and above don't work with that version of ASDM.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

john.kizlyk
Level 1
Level 1

I believe it is an issue with the Java version you have installed on your workstation. For ASDM 5.2, you need Sun Java 1.6 update 7 or older... 1.6 update 10 and above don't work with that version of ASDM.

Thank You John. You are spot-on. Removed Java JRE 6 and installed Java JRE 1.5. ASDM 5.2 is working. This issue is resolved.

Suggestion for Cisco Marketing - You should include several items in your ASDM distribution CD:

1) You must advise customers to remove their current Java installation (unless the need the most current JRE for other applications) and install JRE 1.5 or older;

2) Include a copy of Java JRE 1.5 with your ASDM distribution CD