Unity call forwarding call handler

Unanswered Question
Mar 10th, 2009

We are trying to set up a separate call handler for our reception phone in one of our remote offices to forward to during lunchtime. However when you call forward an ext to another ext, unity doesn't provide the call handler, it preserves the original digits and goes to that voicemail. We tried to set up call routing in unity to forward to the call handler, but it looks like you can only route from one "forwarding station", and the main number already has routing assigned for the after hours handler. We are now trying to use the rollover as the "forwarding station", but that isn't working.

Any advice? We are on Unity 4.2. Any input would be great.

Thank you.

Rgds,

Vicky

Overall Rating: 3 (1 ratings)
Christopher McAlpin Tue, 03/10/2009 - 14:54

Sounds like you are looking for a feature that was added to the Advanced Settings Tool in Cisco Unity 5.0(1)

Route Forwarded Calls by the First or Last Redirecting Number

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/release/notes/501curelnotes.html#wp507371

Can you be a little more descriptive about your call flow and where you would like the call to end up. Maybe we can come up with something else.....

victoriabardy Tue, 03/10/2009 - 19:51

Thank you for the response. The office we are trying to set this up for is one of our remote sites. We have a centraly located unity and call manager. For this site they have a translation pattern for the main number that points to an internal number. After hours the main number is forwarded to the voicemail pilot number after hours. From the look of the route patterns in our Unity there is only one forwarding station for each unity route pattern. There is where we are running into a problem. The office is looking for an alternate call handler for when the receptionist is out to lunch. The extension that we want to set up an alternate call handler for will not forward to more than one handler. I just noticed right before I left that I may be able to get it to accept more than one call handler if I use the scheduler? Any quesitons and or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Rgds,

Vicky

rhugo Wed, 03/11/2009 - 09:38

You could try to create an alternate Voicemail Profile in CallManager and "mask" the forwarding number to change to match what the number is for your 2nd / alternate call handler.

This is similar to the *XXXX for allowing transfer directly to VM.

You create the VM Profile, change the VM box mask to 50000 and set your alternate call handler and routing rule the same.

Unity, as you know, routes on forwarding number. (also, if you haven't already, create a routing rule in Unity, of course) You could try making this change and, then, test a call with Unity Call Viewer open to see what the forwarding number is that is being sent.

This will allow you to forward to "more than one call handler" as you say...

I can give more details, as I have this working just fine with several customers.

victoriabardy Wed, 03/11/2009 - 10:04

Hello,

Actually we came up with a different work around. We set up a scheduler for the call handler and set it so that at lunchtme the greeting is different.

Thank you very much for your input.

Rgds,

Vicky

Actions

This Discussion