Views
Helpful
Replies

Strange issue...

ysanadiga01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

All IP telephones are registered with Publisher and only two telephones are registered with Subscriber.

The two telephones which are registered with Subscriber got a very strange issue. When I try to retrieve a telephone number from Directory, it takes ages to show up. It's very very slow. I did the following steps but it didn't help:

1) Reset the phones

2) Delete the phones and inserted once again

3) Checked the switch ports on which the phones are connected

4) Restarted Cisco Tomact service

I hope someone can help me to reslove this issue. How I can force these two telephones to register with Publisher.

Thanks.

Regards,

YSana

4 Replies 4

jheckart
Level 3
Level 3

Where the phones register and the directory lookup are two independent pieces.

For phone registration, verify that the device pool's that the two phones registering to the PUB contain the SUB as the primary. If they do, and it's still not working, try restarting the tftp server on the PUB, and then restart the two phones.

For the slow directory, have you defined the ip address under service parameters, or is it the hostname? Perhaps the phones are having to resolve the name of the callmanager to do a directory lookup rather than just going to the IP address?

Otherwise, is your PUB under a load?

Good starting place noted above. Also, could you tell us what model phones are registered to the subscriber? Are they different (potentially) than other model phones in the cluster? The reason for my question is because some older phones (specifically Polycom phones) support the corporate directory functionality but they parsed the XML data differently than the typical Cisco IP phones. You should also compare firmware versions on those phones vs. the device defaults.

Hi,

All the phones are the same model i.e. Cisco IP Phone 7940G. 38 phones are registered to Publisher while 2 phones to Subscriber.

The CUCM uses DNS to reslove the IP Phone services. If DNS was the issue then all the phone were slow in retrieving the Corporate Phone Directory.

Thanks.

Hi,

Under Device Pool, "Pub-Sub" has been selected for the "Cisco Unified Communications Manager Group" is "Pub-Sub".

The group "Pub-Sub" is arranged as follows:

Selected Cisco Unified Communications Managers:

1) IP address of Publisher

2) IP address of Subscriber

I'm just asking myself, why only twe phones will register themselves to Subscriber while the rest to Publisher. Is there any logic behind this?

I did restart the TFTP server on Publisher and later on the two phones, but it didn't help.

Thanks.