Views
Helpful
Replies

CUBE dial-peers configuration for loopback call routing

andrew_pog
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am working on one AS54000 to deploy several IVR scripts. Since I need tone generator and transcoding I am using 2 T1 interface ports connected with loopback cable. The call comes to the gateway and goes to the T1, then comes back to the gateway from another T1 port. It works well as long as there is only one application. But I can't figure out what dial-peers are required to call different applications based on access number.

I have come up with such scheme:

http://rafb.net/p/IIfo0M50.html

But it doesn't work. The call goes into loopback via 7/0:D, comes back again but the IVR script isn't called, I hear strange sounds and from debug it's very difficult to understand what's going on. I suppose something's wrong in my dial-peers configuration, but what is that?

4 Replies 4

andrew_pog
Level 1
Level 1

Also attaching config here.

Hi Andrew,

I think this is related to the fact that you're likely hitting your application for both the inbound and outbound dial peer on the pots leg.

I do not know how your application is supposed to act, and whether it should be activated on the either the outbound or inbound leg, but very seriously doubt you intend on it hitting both legs.

I would take a look at this document to make sense of some of this incoming/outgoing business:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a008010fed1.shtml

You will want to figure out which leg you want your application should be applied, and adjust your dial peer with the correct 'destination-pattern' and 'incoming-called number' commands to manipulate the outgoing/incoming dial peers.

-nick

Thanks Nick,

I have read the documents...

I came up with the following dial-peers configuration:

dial-peer voice 700 voip

description -= OUTGOING DIALPEER =-

huntstop

destination-pattern 1T

voice-class codec 1

session protocol sipv2

session target sip-server

dtmf-relay rtp-nte h245-signal h245-alphanumeric

!

dial-peer voice 400 pots

translation-profile outgoing for_debitcard

huntstop

application prepaid

incoming called-number 000T

no digit-strip

direct-inward-dial

port 7/0:D

forward-digits all

!

dial-peer voice 100 voip

description -= PREPAID1 =-

translation-profile incoming for_debitcard

huntstop

application remote_ip_auth

incoming called-number 16471111222

voice-class codec 1

dtmf-relay rtp-nte h245-signal h245-alphanumeric

!

Call hits the dial-peer 100, translation profile adds 000# in front of DNIS, then the call is placed to 000#16471111222, after which dial-peer 400 isn't matched! And I get the 'no routes to destination' error. I have tried a number of ideas, but it didn't change anything and I have no clue how to make it go to the T1 port...

I have managed to fix the problem, thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: