cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

838 Configuration, Email issues

Corey L
Level 1
Level 1

I have tried to direct emails to my exchange server but it doesn't work - I can still access the internet.

Can someone please point out what is wrong with the attached configuration and how I can fix it?

Is it something to do with Access-list 101?

Cheers

Corey

4 Replies 4

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Corey,

where is the exchange server ?

internally or located on the internet or inside a central office?

you may need to setup some form of VPN to reach head office (IPSEC or IPSEC/GRE) without using NAT on it.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hi,

There is only one site, all I want to do is forward all the email traffic (25) through to the email server on the IP Address 10.0.29.10 (there is only 1 exchange server), however it appears the emails are getting blocked, there are other ports I want to forward through to servers as well, but thats not important and if I can get the email to work the rest should be easy enough.

Currently I have an old SnapGear Lite/Request 531R setup which just forwards the traffic through, I simply want to swap these two boxes wih the new Cisco one and have the same functionality.

Thank you for your response.

Corey

Hello Corey,

on the Cisco router if using PAT you need to add specific commands to map packets for 10.0.29.10 tcp 25 to public ip address tcp 25

ip nat inside source static tcp 10.29.0.10 25 interface Ethernet1/1 25

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hi Giuseppe,

I have got the following line in the configuration:

"ip nat inside source static tcp 10.0.29.10 25 interface Dialer0 25"

However it still doesn't work, perhaps you could have a quick look at the attachment on this post?

Cheers

Corey Lynds

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card