Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TAPS error. Pls Help !!!

Hi,

I am deploying TAPS for our CCM cluster.

CCM version is 5.1.3

I installed and configured TAPS on the IPCC Express server.

I used the BAT tool to input user phone configurations with dummy MAC addresses.

I Auto-Register a new phone by placing it on the network.

I am able to call TAPS pilot number.

I follow the instructions and input the desired directory number. Then TAPS gives me a message stating that the auto-registered phone already has a valid configuration. And the call got dropped.

I checked the TAPS log on the CCM. I see the following message "Telephone Number belongs to a partition different from the Auto-Registration partition set for the primary Cisco CallManager."

I checked that both the auto-register phone DN and the desired DN are in the same partition.

Can you please help me fix the issue?

Thanks,

Bala.

7 Replies 7

did you have the auto-registration enabled under System->Unified CM at the time you called TAPS?

Hi Sebastein,

I have auto-registration enabled on the all the CCMs in the cluster when I dial TAPS from the auto-registered phone.

Thanks,

Bala.

Hi Bala,

I'm experiencing the same issue.

Did you ever find out what was the problem?

Thanks in advance,

Carmen

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

Try to go to "System > Service Parameters > Cisco TAPS Service". Set "

Auto-Registration Options for TAPS" to "Allow Auto-Registered Phone to reset with any profile".

Then restart TAPS service.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Thanks Michael, but I already tried that and it didn't work. I'm still getting the same error.

And anyway, the extension I'm trying to register with is one associated with a BAT..... device name.

Rgds,

Carmen

Hi all,

Just in case anyone faces the same problem ever...

In my case, I solved it by enabling autoreg in the Pub.

My cluster is a big one so Pub's CM service is not running, and at the beginning I just enabled autoreg in one Subs (which is needed for phones to register)

But as soon as I enabled autoreg also in Pub, phones are getting their right configuration.

I don't know exactly why, cause there is not much documentation about TAPS, but that solved my issue.

Regards,

Carmen

Sharif Alkatib
Level 1
Level 1

My solution was to ensure that auto registration was enabled under Cisco Unified CM and ALSO enabled on the same Cisco Unified CM Group.

The key was that the servers that I had enabled auto-registration on weren't matching the corresponding Unified CM Group! Once I corrected that the phones began to work on TAPS no problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: