cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do you copy the Cisco Flash Memory from a UC520 to disk?

mmerchant
Level 1
Level 1

I tried to copy the original Cisco flash 128MB device to disk on two different WinXP Pro machines with both a Belkin and a Sony Flash reader/writer but

the process fails uniformly with a "blue screen freeze."  The fault lies with fastfat.sys according to the blue screen message.  Any ideas as to

a successful way to copy the original flash device to disk?  Then I will want to copy it back to a Sandisk 2GB compact flash II device so the

"insufficient memory" issue is fixed when I try to upgrade firmware on the UC520.

3 Replies 3

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

You might have issues reading the disk because of the formating of the flash.

One possible solution is to tftp all of the files off.

In CCA, there are now some disk cleanup options which should help with that issue though.

Thanks

Steven

Hello all,

I am new to use CLI in UC500 and i want to know the command to put all files to flash to disk with tftp, i want to save my config

Thanks

Hi,

If you want to back your config file and are new to cli commands this is what I did.

Firstly make sure you have a tftp program such as solarwinds which is free to download and use and is very easy to use.

Next logon to your device using putty or your default telnet connection.

Once logged in follow these steps:

1) Make sure you are in enable mode by typing enable, this may prompt you for an enable password which you have set.

2) once at UC520# command type write memory

this will copy the running config to startup-config

3) next type copy startup-config tftp:

4) the device will then take you through a few steps confirming the file name that you want to copy and the destination, which will be the ip address of the computer you are using with the tftp server.

5) it will ask you the name of the file you want to call it on your computer.

6) after that it will copy the file to you computer.

7) As for the other files on the flash card I dont really worry about them as, if you lose them or format your flash card, CCA software can reinstall all these files for you again... So i dont really stress about it and to be honest if you are using the old CCA program it puts alot of none used files there....

so really thats you backed up the running config file....

I hope this helps.....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: