Inventory failing on 6500's - RISC0001 error

Unanswered Question
Mar 11th, 2009
User Badges:

I just upgraded CS and RME to CS 3.0.6 and RME 4.0.6. I also replaced 4 files within ciscoworks that should have fixed a known bug that was causing the the RISC0001. It seems to have worked but on 5 devices, which are 6500's, running IOS 12.2(18)SXF7. Anyone know if this is an issue with the IOS? Please advise.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Joe Clarke Wed, 03/11/2009 - 14:40
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

There are no specific issues with that version of IOS. What files did you replace? After applying the patches, did you delete the devices from RME, and re-add them?

didentx01 Thu, 03/12/2009 - 05:38
User Badges:

Hey jclarke, TAC said to replace 4 files. The files were xdi.jar, SharedDcmaIOS.zip, PortInvData.class and AGRelationBrober.class. I renamed each file with an .orig extension. I added to new files to the directory where each of these files were located and then changed the permissions to what the original files were. I did not delete the original files though and I DID NOT DELETE THE DEVICES. We are trying to retain the configs that we have accumalated over the last 6 months. I f we delete devices, won't we lose all data associated with the device?

Joe Clarke Thu, 03/12/2009 - 09:46
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

Yes, you will, but unfortunately, there is no way to complete the patch without removing and re-adding the devices. Assuming the problem was found to be one of my two bugs fixed by these patches, you should not have to remove the devices again.

didentx01 Thu, 03/12/2009 - 10:06
User Badges:

I knew you were going to say that :=) Anyways thanks for your help jclarke.

Actions

This Discussion