Views
Helpful
Replies

Max count clients on AP 1130

arturo_triara
Level 1
Level 1

Wich's the max. count of clients 802.11b/g in a AP 1130

I have a Thresholds Template with a Max client of 12, witch's the max count of clients that can support it.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Define "help"? The more the number of clients associate to an AP, the slower the bandwidth through-put.

It will help you financially, but performance-wise? I don't think so.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

jeff.kish
Level 7
Level 7

There's no hard number that the AP can support. Cisco recommends no more than 25 clients per AP, but the AP will associate as many clients as possible without a restriction.

I have 24 clients righ now, Does it help me if i increase the Load Thresholds, Max Clients to 24 ?

Define "help"? The more the number of clients associate to an AP, the slower the bandwidth through-put.

It will help you financially, but performance-wise? I don't think so.

The default is 12, but the wlc will have that AP send beacons to the try to have the devices associate to another AP will less than 12 devices. If the devices do not associate with another AP, then they are allowed to associate.

Changing the threshold will only change the way you get alerts from the wlc. If users are not complaining, then 24 users on that AP is fine. What they use the wireless for will determine how many users you can have per ap. Observe the users or associate to that ap also and see for yourself if you think its slow. It all depends on what applications you are using on the wireless.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

thaks a lot for u reply, it was helpful.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: