cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Crypto command missing

scotch1970
Level 1
Level 1

I am running a Catalyst 3560 PoE. Trying to setup SSH for remote logon. I understand that in order to do this I need to setup a Crypto key, but there is no crypto command. All ideas are appreciated. Thanks

11 Replies 11

jorge.calvo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Are you using a security IOS version? It is needed to support VPN commands.

Not sure, how can I tell?

Hi,

Post the IOS version shown in the 'show version'.

If I remember well, 'adventerprise' IOS versions support VPN.

I know I am running 12.2(25)SEE3

And what is the complete .bin IOS file name?

flash:c3560-ipbase-mz.122-25SEE3/c3560-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEE3.bin

Maybe version c3560-advipservicesk9 122-35.SE would be a good option for you. It supports VPN.

Just found this article:

Configuring the Switch for Secure Shell

This section describes how to configure the Secure Shell (SSH) feature. To use this feature, you must install the cryptographic (encrypted) software image on your switch. You must obtain authorization to use this feature and to download the cryptographic software files from Cisco.com. For more information, see the release notes for this release.

Correct, advance IP services is a cryptographic IOS version that could fit you.

Scott

Advanced IP services is a whole new feature set whereas all you need is the same feature set you have with the crypto bit. So you have

c3560-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEE3.bin

and you need

c3560-ipbasek9-mz.122-25.SEE3.bin

Jon

Most crypto versions will have a K9 in the image name somewhere although I remember the 2950's did not have a k9 in the image , usually it does .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: