cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC and LWAP

Lavanholy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I am using a WLC 2112 and LWAPs,I am facing the following problem.

1. APs are getting associated with WLC,getting the dynamic IP from the DHCP server,but APs RF is not coming up,When I see the Monitor,it shows the APs but RF both 11a/g and 11b/g shows nothing,it is not showing UP also (Green) it is not showing down (Red) also)

2. The WLC 2112 port 1 is it a TRUNK port or a Access port?

3.When I create a Management interface and AP Manager Interface with different subnet,say Management Interface with 192.168.1.1/24 and AP Manager interface with 10.10.10.1/24 then the APs are not getting associated with WLC,Then when I configure the Management Interface and AP Manager interface in the same subnet ,say Management interface with 192.168.1.1/24 and AP Manager interface with the 192.168.1.100/24 then only APs are getting associated.

4. Now WLC 2112 Image (IOS) upgradation is not successful both in GUI mode as well as in CLI mode.

5.The current IOS is 5.0 we want to upgrade it to 5.2 please guide for the IOS upgradation.

And guide us to resolve the above said issues.

Best Regards,

Lavanholy

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Let me give this a try:

1. APs are getting associated with WLC,getting the dynamic IP from the DHCP server,but APs RF is not coming up,When I see the Monitor,it shows the APs but RF both 11a/g and 11b/g shows nothing,it is not showing UP also (Green) it is not showing down (Red) also)

What type of AP do you have.... 1252's require more power than that of the 1131 or 1242.

2. The WLC 2112 port 1 is it a TRUNK port or a Access port?

Should be a trunk port with the native vlan being that of the management and ap-manager interface.

3.When I create a Management interface and AP Manager Interface with different subnet,say Management Interface with 192.168.1.1/24 and AP Manager interface with 10.10.10.1/24 then the APs are not getting associated with WLC,Then when I configure the Management Interface and AP Manager interface in the same subnet ,say Management interface with 192.168.1.1/24 and AP Manager interface with the 192.168.1.100/24 then only APs are getting associated.

This is how the WLC is suppose to be configure. Management and AP-Manager must be on the same subnet.

4. Now WLC 2112 Image (IOS) upgradation is not successful both in GUI mode as well as in CLI mode.

I don't understand this question

5.The current IOS is 5.0 we want to upgrade it to 5.2 please guide for the IOS upgradation.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn52.html#wp233853

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

fella5 is right. If you have a 1250 AP, upgrade your firmware to 5.2 and you should be able to get the AP to operate at 15.4 watts.

Scott,

He has one problem for sure and possibly a second. First, put the manager and ap manager in the same native vlan please. Second, make sure that the APs are plugged into switches and not directly into the 2112. The 2112 by default is set in appliance mode. Just like a 4400 it uses one port to talk to the network. If you want to use the ports on it to service APs you must set it up in switch mode. Read the configuration guide on how to do this. If you plug APs into the ports of the 2112 while it is in appliance mode the APs will register but the radios will both show a down status. It is a negotiation issue.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card