E1 Channel Problem,

Unanswered Question
Mar 12th, 2009

Hi,

We've got a single E1 card connected to a UK ISDN30/PRI with 9 channels activated.

All channels work fine except channel 3 which is unable to make or receive calls.

I have reset the E1 card and got the SP to reset/check the PRI service they say there is no problem with the line.

When i do a 'show voice call summery' channel 3 always reports the following.

0/0/0:15.3 S_TSP_DISC_PROG_IND_REL

What does this mean, I'm still thinking it a fault with the line but need to be sure.

When a call arrives on channel 3 the call is dropped and debugging reports the following

Cause i = 0x80AF - Resource unavailable, unspecified.

Any help appreciated

Paul

I have this problem too.
0 votes
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Loading.
carlnewton Thu, 03/12/2009 - 05:47

Carriers will try and tell you that its impossible to have a particular channel of an E1 blocked, and use the reasoning that it is a single circuit with timeslots on that circuit so if one works they all work.

However, i have had the "resource unavailable" message you are getting on E1s ive worked on before in europe, and the carriers level 1 and 2 support both told me everything was ok. I spoke to the level 3 support chap (Eventually!) and he fixed it - the channel was busied out or something.

I didnt, however, notice the status of the timeslot using voice call summary like you have. I think it's worth chatting to your carrier though and asking to discuss it with their technical guys.

pmcallion Thu, 03/12/2009 - 07:46

Thanks for the confidence boost.

I'll push it back to the SP.

Paul

Actions

This Discussion