Views
Helpful
Replies

E1 Channel Problem,

pmcallion
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We've got a single E1 card connected to a UK ISDN30/PRI with 9 channels activated.

All channels work fine except channel 3 which is unable to make or receive calls.

I have reset the E1 card and got the SP to reset/check the PRI service they say there is no problem with the line.

When i do a 'show voice call summery' channel 3 always reports the following.

0/0/0:15.3 S_TSP_DISC_PROG_IND_REL

What does this mean, I'm still thinking it a fault with the line but need to be sure.

When a call arrives on channel 3 the call is dropped and debugging reports the following

Cause i = 0x80AF - Resource unavailable, unspecified.

Any help appreciated

Paul

2 Replies 2

carlnewton
Level 3
Level 3

Carriers will try and tell you that its impossible to have a particular channel of an E1 blocked, and use the reasoning that it is a single circuit with timeslots on that circuit so if one works they all work.

However, i have had the "resource unavailable" message you are getting on E1s ive worked on before in europe, and the carriers level 1 and 2 support both told me everything was ok. I spoke to the level 3 support chap (Eventually!) and he fixed it - the channel was busied out or something.

I didnt, however, notice the status of the timeslot using voice call summary like you have. I think it's worth chatting to your carrier though and asking to discuss it with their technical guys.

Thanks for the confidence boost.

I'll push it back to the SP.

Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: