I'm getting a "no more root entries available" similar to below when trying to create new files or directories or even remove directories on a UC500 flash:
%Error opening flash:day1-conf.txt (No more root directory entries available)
Deleting files does not help. Nor does "fsck flash:"
Anyone know how to overcome this without formatting the flash card ?
An upgrade using CCA 1.9.1 should be able to take care of this problem. This however, will format the flash and then copy the new files using the new directory structure, meaning you will lose any customized files currently on the flash. You could also do this:
1) Extract the flash card (this won't affect normal operation)
2) With a CF reader, connect it to your laptop
3) Copy all the files to a directory on your laptop
4) Reinsert the CF in the UC500 and do a "format flash:"
5) Remove it from teh UC500, connect it to the laptop and copy all the files you had.
6) Re-insert in the UC500
This is a temporary fix, without the new directory structure, you may see the error again.