cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 configuragion on UC520

JMadrugaADM
Level 1
Level 1

we just purchased an VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 card trying to look for any guies that would describe

how to install it and configure it.

We will be setting up a T1 ISDN PRI connection with our Avaya PBX.

we have an Idea of the configuration on the Avaya PBX side, but have no idea

about the configuration on the UC520 side.

Can anyone provide any helpfull feedback?

6 Replies 6

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

CCA provides configuration options for T1's.  Here are some config guides that explain some of what CCA will be doing.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/1700/software/feature/guide/t1e11700.html#wp69360

Those are the options on how to configure it in CLI.  If you let me know how you are configuring the Avaya side, I can help with configuring the UC520 side.

Thanks

Steven

Hi Steven, thanks for your support.

We are planning to configure the Avaya with an ISDN T1 PRI connection to the UC520

we will crate a trunk type isdn-pri on the avaya side using an TN464 F DS1 card with 32 channels.

I have attached as cisco document I found with a configuration that I think will apply to my enviroment.

I'm just not sure abou the uc520 side.

Please take a look and let me know.

Thanks

The commands is this document should help you, just bear in mind that CLI is required (CCA won't be used).

Marcos

I am not sure about the 32 channels, 23 would probably work fine :)  The UC500 supports 1 PRI.

In the document that is there, you will see somethings that are important.

isdn switch-type primary-ni

controller T1 1/0
framing esf
linecode b8zs
cablelength short 133
pri-group timeslots 1-10,24 nfas_d primary nfas_int 0 nfas_group 0

interface Serial0/1
no ip address
no ip mroute-cache
shutdown

interface Serial1/0:23
no ip address
no logging event link-status
isdn switch-type primary-4ess
isdn incoming-voice voice
isdn T306 60000
no cdp enable

voice-port 1/0:23

dial-peer voice 29 pots
destination-pattern 2...
direct-inward-dial
port 1/0:23
prefix 2

This is going to be hard to implement if you don't use CCA.  The dial peer configuration and translations rules that you will want to use are likely to be difficult.

You could setup a full PRI with CCA using Primary NI on the link and change the timeslots.  If the Lucent can do that, this could be much simpler.

Thanks

Steven

Hi Steve, I'm having a really hard time getting the UC520 to talk to the Avaya PBX. I'm confirming the settings on the Avaya side, but on the UC520 side I have

some doubts. I used the CCA as you suggested and set the switch type as primary NI.

Show run

controller T1 0/2/0

framing esf

linecode b8zs

pri-group timeslots 1-22,24

Interface Serial 0/2/0:23

no ip address

encapsulation hdlc

isdn switch-type primary-ni

isdn sending-complete

no cdp enable

voice-port 0/2/0:23

Can you do a show controller t1 and a show int serial0/2/0?

Also, a debug isdn q921 would be useful.

Thanks

Steven

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: