CCNP Part Time Classroom course OR Online self study course

Unanswered Question
Mar 12th, 2009

Hi guys...

i am considering whether to wait until september to then start a part time CCNP course which is 2 nights a week for 15 weeks per CCNP Module. The advantage of this is obviously that it is instructor led and that i get hands on lab time with cisco equipment.

I cannot start that until september and so i am considering buying an online self study course, but worried about the quality of the material and whether it is beneficial to do it this way.

Any advice/recommendations appreciated!

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
ChaosInMind Fri, 03/13/2009 - 17:53

Im not taking the CCNP YET. But I would say take the course... ESPECIALLY if they have you practice on real equipment.

I'd also like to suggest CBT Nuggets as personal study material to go through in between going to real classes. The videos make me feel like I am in a real class with a real instructor. Each video is 30 minutes long, normally video 1 is about theory and video 2 is about how to configure, video 3 is theory about the next subject and video 4 is how to configure.

Although for the price you may be able to purchase a small lab and perform tasks on real equipment. You can find lab guides online either free or real cheap.

Your own personal lab plus either the videos or a real class is really the best way to go. The videos allow you to move at your own pace, but the class you can interact with other students and the teacher.

All three would be the best :-))

Go to class, come home and review the video material that covers what you learned in class. Then, do a lab on your own equipment.

This Discussion