Cisco 1200 AP error, "Packet to client reached max retries..."

Unanswered Question
Mar 12th, 2009

I have a client that is having intermittent connection issues and in the access point log there are hundreds of error messages, "Packet to client xx.xx.xx reached max retries, removing the client." There's a similar client device in the area that has no problems. Does anyone know what might be causing this? I did a carrier busy test on the AP but it didn't look like there was a problem there.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
umedryk Wed, 03/18/2009 - 15:53

The Packet to client xxxx reached max retries, removing the client error message means that the AP disassociates the client because the client did not respond to max keep-alive messages sent by the AP. This can be an indication of a bad RF. Configure this command on the AP in order to eliminate this issue and to enable the client to not lose the connection:

packet retries 128 drop-packet

The increase of packet re-tries to 128 with the drop-packet option is a workaround for the bad RF problem. Refer to Configuring the Maximum Data Retries for more information on this command

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/1300/12.3_7_JA/configuration/guide/b37rf.html#wp1062486

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics: Other Wireless Mobility

client could not be authenticated
Network Analysis Module (NAM) Products
Cisco 6500 nam
reason 440 driver failure
Cisco password cracker
Cisco Wireless mode